PFERD Polinox Mount Finishing Wheels SiC PNG 10050/6
Choose the size and grit to suit your application.
Made of several strips of corrugated nonwoven material, wound around a common core.
The wavy structure of the non-woven material permits seamless brush matting of surfaces.
SiC = Silicon carbide
POLINOX¨ mounted and unmounted grinding wheels are made out of non-woven nylon in which abrasive grit is embedded. The flexible open-cell structure of the non-woven material makes the tools very elastic and ensures cool grinding.
Due to the high flexibility of the non-woven material, the tool will not alter the surface geometry of the workpiece in any way. Different surface textures and roughness levels can be obtained by selecting from a range of grit sizes and tool designs.
- Cool grinding and low thermal load on the workpiece
- No clogging of the tool
- Producing matt and satin finishes on metals
- Cleaning of oxidized non-ferrous metals
- Seamless brush finishing of stainless steel (INOX)
- Surface roughening of plastics in preparation for adhesive bonding
- Surface adaptation of weld seams
- POLINOX¨ mounted and unmounted grinding wheels achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 10Ð20 m/s. This provides an ideal compromise between stock removal, surface quality, thermal load on the workpiece and tool wear.
- Flexible shaft drives, electric and airpowered straight grinders can be used as tool drives.
The maximum permitted peripheral speed is 32 m/s
For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational speed at all times
- Item: Surface Conditioning
- Grit 100, 180
- Head Size: 100 x 50mm