Sheffield Alpha HSS Screw Extractor Gauge Cobalt Series Carded
- Reverse Tapered Cutting Screw Thread
- Square Head for use with Tapping Handles
- 5 Common sizes available
Directions for use:
- If possible, grind or flatten the head of the damaged bolt or screw.
- With a heavy hammer and centre punch, mark the centre of the bolt or screw; this will prevent the pilot drill wandering.
- The extractor requires a pilot hole, start with a small Alpha left handed drill bit (e.g. 5/64??????).
- If required, drill the hole out larger. It is best to use a left-hand drill for this step, as this may be enough to remove the stud without a screw extractor.
- Select the correct size screw extractor for the hole, see table above.
- With a tap wrench, turn the screw extractor into the hole in an anti-clockwise direction. The reverse threads force the extractor into the hole until the broken bolt or stud is forced to turn. Continue turning until the stud is removed.
- Item: HSS Screw Extractor Gauge Cobalt Series
- Brand: Alpha
- Size No. No.1 - No.5
- Quantity: Carded 1 Pce -?? Supplied in hangable card